View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 02:07 PM   #28
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Oh, don't worry; any day now tthe french will notice that ebooks are real and they'll set up a euro-standard ePub DRM to bypass Adobe, Apple, and B&N's proprietary solutions. Then there won't be two or three but five to choose from.
I know it's meant to be tongue in cheek, but it ain't gonna happen. Most of Europe has firmly adopted epub (well perhaps not all that firmly, but the tentative steps they've taken are all epub based at least.)

Quote:
In truth, I expect the dust-up will be settled in a couple of years; it's not going to take decades or centuries.
I agree if that means a multi-vendor format. There needs to be competition and there need to be multiple vendors of devices and sources of books. Consumers don't care about formats provided they don't get in their way. "Buy anywhere, read anywhere" is all that matters.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote