View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #21
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hey, Albert:

... [snip] ...

The issue I have is, sure, we all have to keep up with the latest this and that, but the Russian Roulette version of ebook-making (will this work on K4iPad THIS week?) is just really frustrating and worse, for me, expensive. I mean, it's like almost every book is the first book one's made, if you see what I'm saying; one bloody surprise after another. Still screwing around with image-crafting for images (like fluerons, or chapter-head images) that are not full-sized, to work on all Kindle devices perfectly. It's an endless battle.

Hitch
Preach it, Sistah!

Hoo boy, do I feel your pain. I recommend heavy doses of the Serenity Prayer, and lighter doses of Wild Turkey.

As for the emulator, I can't experiment ATM because of a big thunderstorm that prompted me to shut down the non-essential servers (including my Windows boxen) but IIRC I know it doesn't accurately emulate the "go to" menu item in that it lists all the guide items (even the non-supported ones) and they function. For all devices, I think.

So once the storm passes, I will gin up (or is that Jinn up?) a test case with different HTML and NCX toc's and see how it goes. I would hate to have to buy another couple of Kindles but if that's what it takes...

Thanks for the info and, as always, your masterly (not "masterful") rants.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote