View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 07:24 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Until I can actually touch a reader, I am undecided.

Right now, my iLiad does the job, works well and has a battery life long enough to get me through the day without a recharge.

The competitors offer cheaper prices, less features, smaller screens, more closed systems, and, possibly, more polished devices (until I get more information, I can't tell).

Now that I am experienced eInk user, my requirements in a device are clearer.

1. Content. The ability to create my own content and the ability to get content that displays well. Right now iRex's larger screen beats the competition.
2. Battery life.
3. Convenience. This is my only issue with the iRex. The larger size makes it more cumbersome to carry around. But a smaller device would make certain content harder to read (or unable to be read).
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote