View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #15
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
The first book I remember putting down unfinished was "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson. It's so long ago that I couldn't tell you exactly what it was that didn't work for me. I'm one of those that generally try to finish whatever I start - I even managed the Bible, though I failed with the Koran. I'm am getting less inclined to finish now, but books that I put down are few are far between. It's rarely anything specific. The most common symptom is finding myself having to go back re-read previous pages or paragraphs, not because I didn't understand them the first time, but because my mind got so bored that it wandered off to think about other things that it has already forgotten what came before.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote