View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
I tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Word encourages you to think in terms of fixed page layout. So much eBook frustration and unnecessary work results from a reluctance to let go of this concept.

If you're the author, start with the eBook. Then, if there's going to be a printed version, drop the text into Word (or whatever) and play page-designer to your heart's content, where it will make some difference!
Using Sigil as a word processor. It's a little different. A bigger screen (longer to get to the end of the line). No as-you-type spell checker or mispelling corrector, but there is of course the spell checker in the code, and to finish typing and see perfect paragraphs in the code, well, it was pretty exciting.

I'm not to the point of composing anything new yet, and I'm still kind of intrigued with Toxari's macro and Word. But for now, I'm thinking, why would I need styles or macros if the mss. is clean in Sigil already? I mean, all I've got is text. No tables, footnotes, charts, videos.

Good to know about the ability to do a printed version too.

Thanks so much for the great advice.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote