View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I installed the trial version directly from the Amazon app store. Don't won't to spend even $1 on apps until I decided if I will keep the Fire HD. But I think the Fire HD GUI works a little differently than I remember of the one on the original Fire. To view the notification area and menus within Kindle app you tap near the top of the screen, just like before. To view anything that is in the notification area you now have to place you finger on the top of the screen and drag down. This doesn't open another window or a popup, it does cause a dark veil curtain that is slightly transparent to slide down and cover the screen and reveals what is in the notification area. Tapping on Screen Dim brings it up in its own full size window. There is no popup. When finished adjusting, you tap back to return to the book.

BTW: As you can see the screen is not anti-glare as advertised and it is quite a magnet for fingerprints and dust.
You have to set it as a popup in Screen Dim settings. Open Screen Dim then hit the menu button to get to settings. As for the notification area all Android do that. It's nothing new to Tap the top then drag the the window down. I do like they added the menu at the top though instead of hitting gear to get to it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote