View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 09:46 PM   #15
gteague
Zealot
gteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toys

Device: kindle v1.0
looks like someone might be monitoring that forum after all. or perhaps the system is just now catching up. just literally seconds after i finished typing the whinge above my file showed up in the preview just as i had sent it the last time. i stripped the html down to the bare metal. anyway, i'll check it very, very closely this time and then hit publish and wait another 12 hours. guess i'll have to buy my own item to make absolutely sure what it looks like on the device itself. i asked in the forum for them to provide an emulator, but i'll bet they don't want one of those loose in the wild, people might use it in lieu of buying the kindle.

off-topic somewhat, but if i return mine it will be because of 3 reasons:

1) can't touch it without hitting a control or button
2) display flashes and takes too long to go page to page
3) general performance slowness and sluggishness in the web browser especially, but also globally. every operation takes too long.

/guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote