View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #11
DBDigital
Connoisseur
DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Does it cost anything to also list books with B&N/Nook for indies? If not, the time and effort should be worth it for extra sales.
Nope it is free like all the other stores. They take their cut when you sell, but not before. And listing is always free.

Also interesting tid bit with regard to Nook: they are SLOW at getting books up from other publishers. For example have a book from a publisher/distributor and the nook store may take a month to get the listing up fully. First you have the basic listing, then they get the description in, and finally the cover. Why in the world they are doing this way I can't imagine. BUT if you do it though Nook Press (their own publishing system) directly, it 100% live in 24 hours or less.

Doesn't seem to matter if it is a distributor or a mid sized publisher, they all get treated the same (although with a mid sized publisher nothing appears for a month or more, not even the description). I don't know if this happens with the big 5 or not, I haven't seen it yet so I suspect not.
DBDigital is offline   Reply With Quote