View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
Ah, I overlooked that. I was just thinking timer based rotation (e.g. every X minutes).
Yup - This meta-stable display technology still catches a lot of people.

The: "It is displaying something - surely that means it is running" thoughts from the days of legacy active displays.

Since the Kindles will "wake on USB change" and the non-3G devices have an available internal USB host port - -

Perhaps some sort of hardware modification could use the page turn buttons to wake the system and perform an action might be possible.
I.E: Make the buttons generate a USB change.

Ah, too tricky for me, and I started out as a "hardware person".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote