View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #9
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks, Dhevi.

But the plot thickens, and gets worse.
- I made a folder on my Nexus and put an ebook I designed into that folder. This ebook is a complex ebook containing poetry. It validates with EPUB.Checker, and looks good on my Sony, Kobo, and iPad.
- I then installed Moon+ Pro on the Nexus, and was able to open the book. But the rendition was very poor indeed, apparently because Moon+ ignores the carefully designed CSS in the ebook. I managed to deselect the Moon+ option of ignoring CSS, but it made no difference.

What I need, I think, is an Android ebook reader which is designed for ePub, and will allow me to read an ebook from the folder I've installed on the Nexus. Does anyone have any suggestions? I do NOT want an ereader which is designed to get people to buy from a particular store, and do NOT want an ereader which tries to open every kind of ebook and ignores the CSS.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote