Thread: PRS-650 Good old Sony reader!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I'm still in love with my 350s. While I was tempted when I originally saw the Paperwhite ads because of the convenience of the light, I'm going to wait and see what Sony brings out next year. I've noticed the negative feedback too regarding the Nooks, Kobos and even the Paperwhites. Like you, I've had zero problems with my 350s... no battery drains, no odd reboots, no freezes, have almost 1100 books on them both now and no problems with slowness like others have reported. The x50 line is still the best reader out there IMO for both hardware and software. I'm not tied to one store for purchases, so Sony's limited selection isn't an issue. I manage my library through Calibre only, so I really could care less about wi-fi.

I don't need another reader unless my 2 350s die, I'm perfectly happy with my Sony lighted cover (and 2 clip on lights as well I use at times). The size and weight of the new Paperwhite would be more than my 350 in the lighted cover, so there's really no advantage for myself to upgrade now. I really love the 5" format and how small it is to carry everywhere. I know when Sony finally releases a glow reader, it'll most likely only be available in 6" too, but how the Sony handles collections, the software, coupled with PRS+, can't be beat.

Edit: I'll also add that I've dropped my readers many times, even on concrete pavement. They're both in Sony only covers, one with the light and one without. Each time I hold breath while I check the reader and I'm always amazed that they still work.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 10-07-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote