View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #918
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
It's been a while since I've used Mantano, in the past there where just too many holes to make it usable. However with the newest changes well all I have to say is WOW!

The UI seems to have changed a bit so it took me a bit to figure out how to navigate through the features. In particular the relocation of the TOC and annotations took me a while to find but I do like the new solution much better.

The highlighting system really works, great job. The offline dictionary has finally been enhanced and acts more like Moon+/Kindle instead of leaving the app.

I'm glad to see Mantano finally supports zooming into images a much needed feature.

Okay now the bad stuff.

The pictures don't seem to use the actual images sized stored in the ePUB. They seem to extrapolate the existing image and make it bigger. This makes the zoom kind of useless since all the zoom does is explode the pixelization of the image.

In some cases can be Mantano is SLOWWWW! It takes 30 sec for me to open a good amount of my books. I don't know what the pattern is but it's not related to size or number of images (if you PM I can send you an eBook).

Can't find the global font size setting. It seems every time I open a book I have to change the font size. This is a standard feature that all book readers have, I find it grating that I have to set the size every time I start a book.

>>> Minor Issues.
Dim setting seems to be tied to a book and not the app. Opening two separate books gives me different dim settings.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote