View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Alternative 7" tablets to the Vox

I really, really like the 7" form factor of the Vox. I find I do a lot of browsing on it but I do most of my reading, other than in low light situations, on the Touch.

What I'm finding is that the sluggish browsing is starting to greatly irritate me. I hit the back button to close a page. It waits a bit and I hit the back button again. Then I discover I've gone back or closed two pages. I am using the Dolphin browser for most things although, now that I think about it.

Or there's a delay in opening a new page. The Dolphin browser seems faster.

Futureshop does have a decent selection if you don't use the 7" selection on the left hand side but I didn't realize that when I typed this up. When I hit Bestbuy.ca (I sure wished they allowed you to select by screen size.) it appears the Acer Iconia tablet is the best in the price range $280 as it has dual processors.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10169201.aspx and the other features such as Bluetooth which I'd really like.

The cheaper alternatives either had one CPU or 800x600 video. Acer is a
very good brand name.

Comments? What would be on your feature list?

Of course I'd be downloading the Kobo eReader app as I'm quite happy with it.

(I will be giving my Vox to the local library. Well, once the next software update is available to clean up the sleep on death problem.)

Last edited by TonyToews; 01-21-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Update Futureshop sentence.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote