View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCrank View Post
I don't want a kindle because of the fact that I do not believe in their tactics. I want a reader where I can choose who I buy from and where I go to get books, be it the library, gutenburg or an online retail seller. I will not be satisfied just buying from only one place, nor will I be forced to do that, by the etailer.
I think you misunderstand something about the Kindle. You can get books from Gutenberg, Baen, Smashwords, etc, and library book borrowing is coming soon.

All ebooks available are available from either Amazon or one of the ePubs. All the ePub sellers have the same books, not separate sets of books, and you can get the same books from Amazon.

They don't limit you any more than Sony, or Barnes & Noble, etc.

Amazon customer service is excellent, and they allow you to return books, which no other ebook seller does.

Now, if you really want Android, that's fine, just wanted to make sure you understand the real situation with ebooks.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote