View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Tried both ways, Jive. Snookered. As I say, though, there are alternatives to the Sony store and Sony library, so it ain't no big deal.

Also, as I mentioned before, even if I got as far as being able to attempt to actually 'buy' this book (heaven forbid that a retailer should let just any Tom, Dick or Harry buy their goods), the chances are that -- although the author is Canadian -- there will be geographical restrictions that make it unavailable to anyone outside the US.

It's like opening an old Woolworth store in Scotland, fully stocked, well advertised, but keeping the doors locked.

I've come to realise that it's all about getting a good reader (and Sony certainly fits that bill) and acquiring content independently of the recommended source. One of the reasons I wouldn't touch Kindle as a gift is that this freedom is impossible on that overrated wee gizmo.

All these good folks should make up their minds as to whether they are electronics manufacturers, retailers, diustributors or (as is becoming probably) actual 'publishers' of content. They should not be encouraged to be all things in one. That, I think, is called monopoly -- and that's when the consumer becomes a victim rather than a customer.

Hoots. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote