View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #44
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Interesting. I don't think many of us read at 1500 WPM but what do I know. My mind is still boggling from the idea of reading 1000 pages in 8 hours while subvocalizing and appreciating the nuances.

Helen
I was certainly exaggerating our members' average reading speed a bit, but I didn't mean to throw that number out for serious consideration. That bit of hyperbole was simply my way of saying that I know I'm hardly the speediest reader on the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I think WT Sharpe is just a tiny bit skeptical with regard to the reading speeds that are often stated/claimed on MobileRead I'm actually quite skeptical, and openly so. Oh, I don't doubt that there are people who are faster than I am, but some claims are just too much to be believable....
I'm not skeptical of anyone's claims. I know there are folks out there whose reading speed is blazingly fast and their comprehension is excellent. All I meant to convey by my remarks is that I'm not among their number. I envy their ability, and I'm sorry if I gave anyone the wrong impression.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote