View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #32
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I'd move it if I were you. There are precious few others contributing and you've done the hard yards already... I can't imagine why someone (whoever the heck Deb is) would want to delete. Seems to me she must have become the Wiki Police or something. I think there are still many people who would find the article extremely useful, and having it on mobileread would seem a logical progression.

Additionally, we all can presumably add/edit articles on the MR Wiki, so the same situation applies... just in a different location.

@Dale: would it be easy to import an article from Wikipedia, or would it have to be written up again from the start? (Ie: import, copy/paste, or laboriously reconstruct?)

[edit] I've just gone to read the discussion but have not weighed in, and probably won't, Wiki entries confuse me. Deb seems hell bent on getting it deleted. I looked at her rationale and the ONLY thing that I can see which might fit the criteria NOTCATALOG is the fact that prices are included for a few listed apps. I wonder if it might be worthwhile considering completely dropping all references to cost? People can see for themselves whether theres a cost attached when they visit the app's website.

[edit#2] Reading the rationale for deletion again, I'm observing value judgements... How does this individual know that individual pages are not merited? Has she used the software herself? Doubtful. I wanted to ask (before the edit page terrified me and I ran away) what she thought would make it meritorious, given that it is information about a particular genre of software and that is all it is intended as. I think the deletion request is simply vexatious, but...

Last edited by kyteflyer; 05-16-2013 at 04:58 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote