View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 04:44 AM   #10
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
Sorry for my late answer, i'm a bit busy at the moment.

@inameiname:
1. I also got this idea, but after some research to me it looks like amazon avoided this in their exaggerated security-limitations. Of course you can create KeyEvents but i found no way to send them "out of the kindlet" (i.e. java class Robot isn't compiled at the kindle and every try to bring it there manually failed until now).
2. Oh, i totally forgot about that, and hey, there we have a use for kite
3. To tell the truth, i was just lazy AND i didn't expect anyone to have such a great list of streams oO Thanks, i will use a few of them on my own
1. Shame that that isn't easily possible. I can see where a dilemma could lie in sending out commands from a Kindlet to another program on the Kindle, such as mplayer. I just wouldn't know how to go about this. I thought about maybe using Kite and, much like your automount.sh script you use which gets run on boot via the 'onboot' folder, you could have a script made after each selection of a particular stream/music file which would essentially just have two lines, using cat: "#!/bin/sh" and "/mnt/us/mplayer/K3MusicManager_mplayer.sh" which would go into the 'ondrop' folder of Kite, and would ideally then pass the file to mplayer/kinamp, but again, that would require you to perform commands to run something outside of the kindlet as well so... (not sure why I shared that idea as it is pretty dumb. :P)

One question though: how can a terminal kindlet give and run commands through it that pass to outside apps and such? Somehow they can do it, so why couldn't yours?

2. No worries. Kite could work for that.
3. That's cool. Glad to see you updated things and added that bit. And you're welcome for the streams. I actually have a list of 4000 streams for my Linux machine for use with various music apps on that system that I use, but I noticed when trying them out on the Kindle many don't work well through mplayer, but those particular 58 did.

Anyway, I will have to test out your lasted version. Thanks!

Last edited by inameiname; 02-27-2012 at 05:06 AM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote