View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 02:00 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Unfortunately, since @davidfor passed away last August, he will not be answering your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley1081 View Post
OK, I have to ask.

How does one backup the database?
You use the KoboUtilities plugin to backup the database. The configuration is on the second tab of the plugin configuration dialog.

Quote:
And how does one RESTORE the database?
You connect your Kobo to your computer. Browse to the directory on your computer where the database backups are stored (the default naming convention gives a filename such as KoboReader-KoboClaraHD-N24985011111-20240229-095905.zip), open the latest database backup file and copy the two .sqlite files to the .kobo directory on your Kobo. Safely eject and then restart (the restart is likely unnecessary but it's what I do).

Quote:
One tries to safely eject the Kobo, but it and the computer are not always forthcoming...

Please feel free to point me out to another thread...
I reboot my Kobo before each connection. I was getting database errors and what I found when I looked at the .kobo directory was that either one or both of the database files had matching .sqlite-wal and .sqlite-shm files present which says the database was not properly closed (wal=write ahead logging and shm is shared memory).

Between the reboot before connecting and safely ejecting before disconnecting, I have not seen any database issues in the last 5 months with 4.38.21908 on my Sage which is my go to ereader.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote