View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i can't wait to hear your thoughts !! i bow to your mad epub skillz, so i'll be interested to hear what you have to say.
Well, I just opened it in the browser and it looks great, of course

My only (minor) comments this far are:

1. I'd put the names in the metadata in the "normal" first-name last-name order: Jerome K. Jerome and A. Frederics, and put the complete names in the "reversed" order in the file-as attribute: Jerome, Jerome Klapka and Frederics, A.

2. I wouldn't use an embedded font for the normal text, the font to use should be a user's choice, even if some ePUB readers don't allow that. I think special fonts for titles or decorative texts are fine, but not for the main text.

3. The cover illustration has some ugly jpeg artifacts and it's blurry, can't you find a better version? And in general, prefer PNG over GIF, it's better (supports more features and can have a better compression).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote