Thread: Glo Information
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #24
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If I read DavidFor's post properly, the factory reset does not touch the partition size for the KOBOeReader partition so if the factory copy that creates the uSD card has a 2GB partition 3, it will not be resized on a factory reset. OTOH, if you manually resize it, that size will survive a factory reset.

Regards,
David

I think you are right about this. But I feel that it has some access because the book partition DID change size when I did the factory reset. It was upped by about 10 mb.

out of curiosity, i think I might bite the bullet and open my kobo AGAIN.

This time I'll get a 3rd sd card, clone the first one onto it (4gig or bigger), but I WON'T resize the partition. Then I'll throw it back into my kobo (with the 2 gig partition on a bigger card).

THEN I'll do a factory reset.

THEN I'll check the memory... In fact... I think I might do all that tonight!

EDIT:
INTERESTING! So I just cracked 'er open and did the following:

dumped the 2 gig cloned contents to an 8 gig sd card, WITHOUT resizing the partition.

First book, works great, all my books from my dump are there. BUT... The HD size in device info is reading 1361 MB total.

Will report/edit back with what happens AFTER a factory reset.

EDIT 2:
That solves it! Still 1361 MB total after factory reset. The resizing the partition/editing the partition table is something that's required for the Kobo, as it can't do it itself clearly.

That's why the 4gig Kobo's only see 2gig.

EDIT 3:
I've finally posted my guide:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2462847

Last edited by Gergith; 03-24-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Reporting backing awesome information!
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote