View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
."

which is why I would never bother with such a modification/hack
to me it seems you would spend half your time tinkering about with the operating system
and chasing down the latest patch to fix what got broken by the last patch etc etc instead of consuming & enjoying your mobile content

and for what??

just to be able to go into esoteric online user forums and announce you are running CMOD7 on such & such device.

Umm no thanks I shall settle for Golauncher EX with my wall changer app sitting on top of the Stock Amazon Firmware.
I'm a firm believer in sticking with ROMs that are based on the stock firmware (not just for the Fire, but for all devices with custom ROMs). The stock firmware has drivers that have been optimized for the hardware and I have yet to see any non-stock-based ROM perform as well or trouble-free.

Having said that, I appreciate that the Fires (1st and 2nd gen) are receiving attention from the CM development community. That's a good thing.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote