View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Why are you using a Span?
If you note my sample, I use a BR inside with no ill effects Or is it, that you want 2 boxes?
I apologize, I'm obviously not being clear. Your example uses margins that are determined by the borders of the page, so as you change the size of the page, the distance between the border and the text also changes. I want the border to be defined by it's proximity to the TEXT, as in the span-based example. If you expand or contract the window/page in your example, the size of the box changes. In contrast, the only way for a span-based border to change is if the size of the screen is smaller than the text in the line, otherwise, the border dimensions remain fixed, relative to the text.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote