View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #42
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
I enjoyed the book, but you know what I found really, really odd? The guy never took a shower. There were a couple of scenes where he got done with ... well, bloody fights and some spots where he walked forever in muggy, muggy weather. And yet...no one seems to notice.

Quote:
There are two things I don't like about the JR books - ...And the other is the way all the women just jump into bed with him. It just seems really odd, they end up with no personalities, just more bed fodder for Jack.
She could at least wait in the first book until he had a shower...(Edited to add: This was a snarky comment for effect. I honestly don't remember if he finally started showering before or after he began his relationship...)

It got better toward the end--there was that one scene where he got a shave, haircut and so on. But for some reason that little thing bugged me. Probably because I used to live in Houston and you could walk from your desk to your car and need a shower. Most women (well, okay me) would generally notice a guy who hadn't showered much...

:>)

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 10-05-2010 at 04:52 PM.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote