View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #90
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
A quote from my roommate regarding a book he ordered and received sometime last week:

"I don't usually read books by chicks, but I just checked out her photo in the back, and she's pretty hot. Seems smart, too."

No, I'm not claiming he is representative of anyone other than himself, I just thought it was funny in the context of this discussion. He's not normally sexist, obviously, or I wouldn't have been able to share a house with him for the past 13 years. Interestingly, his father, who is 82, adores Harlequin romances, which he "discovered" after retirement.

I do know another guy who says he prefers books by men, but when asked why, he can't explain. He just continues to stick with books that are (or that he believes are) written by men because he believes he prefers them, though he has made no actual effort to read books by female authors for comparison.

Again, not indicative of anything. Just anecdotal examples.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote