View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Black Friday $35 Fire Tablet and $25 Fire Tv Stick

Don't know if the deals stop today or will last through cyber Monday.

I've been very happy with both the Fire Tv Stick and Amazon Fire 7" tablet. I say this as a fairly enthusiastic Apple products owner (iPhone, iPad, Appe Tv, Mac).

It's all about "jobs to be done". For me the $50 tablet (get it for $35 today) is a nice road warrior device for watching tv and movies. Pop in an SD card, and load it up and go on the road. It does all the "tablet-y" things too, but I prefer my Apple devices for most of those. But if I didn't have an iPad, I'd be hard pressed to spend the $600 (I'd not buy the $500 one with only 15gb) for the iPad. Lucky for me my job provides it too me.

The Fire Tv Stick is missing two features, one of which is important to me. It doesn't work with iTunes media (but I don't buy movies from iTunes anyway). More important to me it doesn't support Airplay.

However, the Fire Tv Stick does everything else the Apple Tv does and has two extra features. Amazon Prime Videos - like having Netflix thrown in for free with your Prime subscription. And it has the Plex app for streaming movies and tv shows from my computer (running the Plex server).

For $25 (normally $40), I decided to add a fire stick to my downstairs tv that currently has an Apple Tv. I chose that over paying $150 for the new Apple Tv which would give me the Plex app, but would not give me Amazon Prime video.

Enjoy!
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote