View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #48
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi Kovid, just to clarify for my fuddled brain - when an epub to mobi version will be performed in this (presumably near future) version of calibre, the mobi file will *always* contain KF8 and legacy mobi versions of the book? Are you saying there will be no option for those of us with legacy Kindles who have no interest in KF8 to keep the file sizes down by keeping things as they are now? How much larger are the books, does anyone know?

I haven't kept up to speed with whether Amazon have said they will offer a firmware for Kindle 3/earlier to support KF8. But to me it seems either they will never support it (in which case I would never want my mobi conversions to have the KF8 overhead) or they will support it (in which case rather than having a library of a mix of KF8 and no KF8 books I would likely just reconvert the lot to either use KF8 exclusively or this dual option).

Just my 2p...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote