View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
Kuja
Kuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watch

Device: none
[App]K3MusicManager

K3MusicManager - A GUI for MPlayer [Version 2.3]

Installation:
A normal Amazon-KDK-Kindlet isn't allowed to access the whole file system or even execute files so you need to grant special permissions:
- SSH into your Kindle and edit the file /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy
- Add the following 4 lines to the block called 'grant signedBy "Kindlet" {' (this should be somewhere at the top)
Code:
permission java.io.FilePermission "<<ALL FILES>>", "execute";
permission java.io.FilePermission "/tmp/mplayer.liste", "read, write";
permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/music/-", "read, write, delete";
permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/music", "read, write, delete";
- Restart your kindle
- Put "K3MusicManager.azw2" into the documents folder and "mplayer" into /mnt/us/system/ (both included in the .rar)
(- Install kaffeine, because sleep mode causes mplayer to stop after a few seconds)

PS: Don't worry about the developer keystore, I used one of the keystores that are combined in the merged developer keystore.

Usage:
Put your Streams into /mnt/us/developer/K3MusicManager/work/streams (should be created).

Shortcuts:
'Q', 'A', 'Z' -> alternate 5-way-controller
'P' -> view Playlist
'O' -> view Streams
'R' -> Records Menu
'B' -> previous song
'N' -> next song
'SPACE' -> pause playing
'S' -> stop playing
'BACK' -> view parent folder or last folder
'MENU' -> view File-Menu
'Aa (Text-Option)' -> view Options-Menu

Known Bugs and Problems:
- The "Manually" option with "Kill MPlayer" was made for those who want to continue listening after returning to the home screen. For the moment this will cause an Error-Message, the kindlet just doesn't want to quit without destroying everything that was created before. But you should click "CLOSE" in the message dialogue within 5 seconds or the kindle restarts!!! The error will be written to /mnt/us/developer/K3MusicManager/work/crash . You should stop MPlayer on your own before launching the kindlet again ("killall -9 mplayer" for example). I don't think this will damage your kindle somehow but if you want to be sure, please use the "On Quit"-Option only!

I used a mod of the Kindle Widget Toolkit of apetresc (link) and retroweaver (link). I'm totally unfamiliar with all the judicial stuff, so I don't know if there is a need for a license or so. Could you please feedback, whether there is, or not?

Big Thanks to ArikFunke who helped me with mplayer and general linux questions.

Feel free to give feedback in this thread !!! (questions/bugs/wishes)
Attached Files
File Type: rar K3MusicManager_2_3.rar (3.11 MB, 986 views)

Last edited by Kuja; 03-31-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Update to Version 2.3
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote