View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 07:39 AM   #7
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
  • search field: whichever field has the date now
  • search for: a rexgex that matches the date; in my case, the date was in the title and I matched it with .*(20\d\d).* Converting a real date column would be a lot harder, you might need to make a custom column first.
  • replace with: \1 brings in the stuff in () from the search; if you have multiple () then you can use \2 etc...
  • destination field: series; change mode as appropriate

Use the three preview lines to see if it is going to do what you want.

The hard part will be finding the numbers you want and changing the format. It isn't clear to me where they are coming from, some trickery may be needed there.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote