View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You could do it with a regex, but I think DiapDealer's sample editor plugin might do a better job. Will require manually configuring the config file. Nope, doesn't seem to be configurable. He might add in link tag support, but in the meantime...
The tags you can change stuff TO are configurable; but only through editing the JSON settings file manually, but otherwise you're right... the original tag you're looking for is not configurable.

I've had another request along the same lines (<a> tags). I'm thinking about adding the ability to remove/modify 'a' tags, but haven't put the time in yet. I figure it's not that critical since non-nestable tags (of which the anchor tag is one [99.9 percent of the time anyway]) are pretty trivial to regex away in well-formed (x)html.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole
Getting the <a href... and the closing </a> tag out of retail code like this example ( that I quoted in sigil forum) is no fun!
Code:
<h2 class="chp"><a href="../Text/wizardandglass_con01.html#TOCC-6"><span class="chapnum"><b>CHAPTER I</b></span><br />
    B<span class="largecap">ENEATH THE</span> D<span class="largecap">EMON</span> M<span class="largecap">OON</span> (I)</a></h2>
Can o' corn! I'd do something like this (in calibre only):
Search for:
Code:
</?a\M([^>]+)?>
Replace it with: nothing. nada. zip.

That should remove opening/closing 'a' tags leaving the text between them alone (as well as removing self-closing <a id="blah" /> entries).

Or something like this (in calibre OR Sigil):
Code:
</?a ?([^>]+)?>

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-08-2014 at 06:46 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote