View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
I would have absolutely no problem with it. It's your copy. Move it to Calibre and print it if you want. I just don't want to see my copyright violated and somebody trying to distribute it for free, or worse to sell it for their profit. (not that my works are worth much)
You put your eBook up for sale with DRM and I could very easily buy it, download it, strip the DRM and send it out on its merry way to be downloaded for free without DRM.

So how is DRM going to help you? The people who do send out eBooks already know how to strip the DRM. So they won't be hampered by your locks. The people who don't are the ones who will be hampered by your locks. So really, your locks don't keep out the ones who do share eBooks. All they do is hamper those who don't.