View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatton View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to update the fonts on the 1150 to allow support for these characters?
It isn't. The characters that the 1150 can handle are specified in the Gemstar Formatting Guide (imp or pdf), and characters like g-circumflex and u-breve aren't in that set. The only way to get Esperanto text onto an eBookwise is to do so in image-mode imp format, either by using BookDesigner and making an 1150-sized book image, or by using something like PDFRead to rasterize a pdf. I've actually done the former before, but it's so long since I've played with BookDesigner (if you don't need special characters, other tools are much better for making imp books) that the quick sample I made and screen-grabbed isn't much. Upside of image-imp: any font, any size, any characters, landscape mode. Downside is file size, ranging from a few times that of text-imp up. At the font size I used to use, about twenty times text-imp size.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	esp-ls.gif
Views:	968
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	11642  
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote