Thread: Development PocketEdge Experience so far
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
kennyminot
Edge User

corvettejoe -

Rather hilariously, I had almost the exact same experience. I similarly got stuck with the Google Setup Wizard and completely flipped out.

The tablet side is actually a little more slick than I anticipated. Granted, it's no iPad 2, but the resistive touchscreen works better for my purposes. My main complaint is the buggy e-ink software. I'd love to be able to read and annotate PDFs on the e-ink side, but it's basically impossible; if you switch to landscape mode, the reader disables the annotation features. In addition, you can only highlight whole blocks of text. Finally, even if you could read in portrait mode, the reader seems to clear your annotations anytime you attempt to scroll down the page. Maybe some experienced users have some better advice.

However, you can quite easily read/annotate on the tablet side, and the resistive touchscreen provides a little more accuracy than your standard tablet. I'm actually thinking this thing might be a suitable replacement for my T91MT. I won't switch to a capacitive touchscreen until they have a suitable stylus (I had high hopes for the HTC Flyer, but the early reviews don't have much good to report about the stylus support).

I've also been playing with it the whole weekend. Should be working on my dissertation . . .

*edit*

You should totally get rid of that nasty Entourage launcher. I personally like Launcher Pro: http://www.launcherpro.com/

*edit2*

You can totally get g-mail to work.

Last edited by kennyminot; 05-17-2011 at 12:39 AM.