Thread: Development PocketEdge Experience so far
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
corvettejoe
Edge User

I'm used to the cutting edge and ultra fast response of things like my phone (Evo 4G) and the Moto Xoom tablet and other such tablets, multi touch and all that.

Comparing that to this tablet is a night and day difference in performance vs other things out there, but I am not complaining really, as I knew it would be like this before buying it.

Responsiveness in the screen is sluggish because of the touchscreen type being used, the resistive touch screens aren't as responsive, requiring longer touches, etc to make things happen. Capacitive touchscreens on the other hand are near instant to respond when touched.

The CPU is not the fastest, its a slower Marvell pxa 168 800 mhz (or Marvell Mohawk rev 0 v51) running at 797Mhz.
It does NOT support 3D graphics, and is basically an eReader processor, that's strong enough to run Android at an acceptable speed... which for my purposes is fine with me.

So, I think that's it's only performance issue really ... It doesn't support 3D and has the resistive touchscreen.

Again, no complaints, it is what it is, I was only making comparisons to other devices I'm used to and have used.

I really like it. I've been playing with it all weekend.