View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #28
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
It's Not books or E-Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
It's not an either/or question. The BBC site seemed to run "will eBooks kill paper books" articles regularly, with a smug response "ho, ho, not any time soon", missing the far more interesting story that it's another way to read, not a replacement way to read.

Graham
Agree totally with this point. I am on the board of directors of my county library and can tell you that we must continue to have readily available printed material for the many people who still live on the wrong side of the digital divide.

E-books will help inevitably find their way into a larger reading segment. I certainly hope so as a newly minted e-book author, but I will always have a book or two from the library lying around the house.
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote