View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
I think it would help if you'd let us know what "potential" you're missing the most.

Personally, I'm not aware of any device that beats my DR1000S, as imperfect as it may be. Features I am missing most:
  • quick start up (not neccessarily fast boot, wake up from suspend-to-flash would do just as well),
  • reliable battery life - i.e. don't fully drain the battery at unexpected moments making the device unavailable,
  • sufficient battery life for business note taking - note taking just drains the battery to fast for reliable use during meetings and while attending trainings / presentations. This requires much optimization or a bigger battery,
  • less fragile and therefore less heavy during use - the wheight of just the unit is ok, but with the much needed protective cover, it's a bit much for comfort. With a plastic based screen (instead of glass based) this would be a thing of the past.
However, to obtain the above, I would not want to swap for anything smaller (both fysical screen size and resolution) or non e-ink.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote