Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #915
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As you are using calibre, install my Kobo Utilities plugin. Among other things, it can compress the database.
Dear Davidfor,

I already use your wonderful Kobo utilities to manage front page tile display and copy reading parameters between my preferred Aura and the "spare" Glo, but I hadn't noticed it could be used to compress databases.

I just used it for the Glo: the database was reduced from 126.7 to 111.8Mb. But it doesn't work for the Aura which is too big: I have an error

calibre, version 0.9.41
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>OperationalError</b>:database or disk is full

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 833, in vacuum_device_database
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1711, in _vacuum_device_database
OperationalError: database or disk is full

I did have an error "database full" the penultimate time I transferred books from calibre to the Aura, but it worked the last time. Following that, I explored the threads, and found a link to SQLite Database Browser 2.0 b1, but when I tried to use it (after backing up the database), I discovered there was no user's guide and don't know how to discard unused elements.

Regards, anacreon

Last edited by anacreon; 07-28-2013 at 11:14 AM.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote