View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #162
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgenes View Post
Amending the .ini to this

[Actions]

## Launch the Gameboy Emulator
G B = !PATH=$PATH:/mnt/us/fbgnuboy/ rungame.sh

I do now get a success message. But no gnuboy yet..

Why in the /mnt/us/usr/bin ? Thought that you said everything could go in /mnt/us/fbgnuboy if I wanted..
Hi. I thought I was pretty clear that I have a non standard setup.

In fact I have gone to great lengths to outline this fact.

WHERE you put something is between you and your god.

HOW you refer to it is the only thing that matters. : )

in your case: ## Launch the Gameboy Emulator
G B = !PATH=$PATH:/mnt/us/fbgnuboy/ rungame.sh

would probably do the job (note the space)

This does two things a) sets the path (to include the directory) and then b) runs the script.

Your call simply asks it to add (junk) to the path (unless you have a directory named rungame.sh, which obviously you don't)

And - might I add. This is a bit superfluous. simply changing the call to

G B = !/mnt/us/fbgnuboy/rungame.sh

and changing all the calls to be (./something) and cd'ing in the script (this is already done) would be plenty.

TBH I am struggling to remember the actual requirements of gnuboy. none IIRC. I will go read the script. IIRC the executable just needs to be "run" with the right arguments. very basic. no "LD_LIBRABRY_PATH" complications or anything.

OR: to test: (if you have myts installed, or ssh access)

simply cd to the fbgnuboy directory
and run the script from there (with all the references changed to ./ and ./roms)

when THIS works, then worry about launching it via launchpad.

: ) Hope that helps. @knc1 Yeah this is pretty much scripting 101.
gotta start somewhere : D

Last edited by twobob; 11-25-2012 at 11:42 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote