Thread: Galaxy Note II
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #24
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I haven't had a close look at a Galaxy III's screen. But I don't like the one on the original Note that much. You are saying there is a big difference?
If it's the pixelization that bothers you the difference is in DPI not just resolution and pixel layout. Though they are all tied together for the over all image quality.

That said there is a difference for me.

I have the Galaxy S, my sister has the Droid Charge, my brother has the Note, and his wife has the S3.

The droid Charge is a Super AMOLED Plus(RGB) with the same res as my GS. For me those screens look about the same quality.

My brother and his wife have a Note/S3. The S3 has a very crisp image and looks nice, the Note is a little grainy (looks as good as my GS). They both have a HD Super AMOLED screen(same rez/both pentile). But the screen on the S3 is smaller than the Note so the DPI is larger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I don't know about the Note, but the Galaxy Nexus, which came out at about the same time as the Note, has a screen that is noticeably inferior to the S3's screen (all 3 use pentile). I would expect the Note (original) to be similar to the GN. The new Note is supposed to be better than the S3.
Both the GNexus and S3 have HD Super AMOLED screens and the same resolution, the only difference is the GNexus has a smaller screen hence a larger DPI (316 vs 306).
I did not get to compare the S3 vs the Neuxus but alone the Nexus screen looks very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
i'm ashamed to say that my brother, who is a fairly sought-after programmer in his field, told me that he mistook the S3 for an iphone x_x guess he missed that HUGE screen
So your brother thought the name "SAMSUNG" that's plastered in front of the phone was Apples new logo?

Last edited by =X=; 08-31-2012 at 12:53 AM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote