View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
I think that if someone mentions something specific, says they'd like one, and goes so far as to specify a colour, that qualifies as something she'd very much like :-)

When I'm giving a gift, I try to buy something I have reason to believe the recipient will actually want... even if it's not necessarily something I'd like to receive myself. Sounds like this woman knows what she wants.

If the OP feels it's a little clinical to give on its own, people have already suggested loading it up with poetry (which is a fantastic idea, if his wife likes poetry) or presenting it in the course of a romantic dinner. It wouldn't have occurred to my husband to give me a Kindle -- I had to buy mine for myself -- but if he'd bought it AND loaded it up with Donne and Blake and so forth, you can bet I would have been over the moon with happiness!
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote