View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Elfuente
Enthusiast
Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: kobo glo
Angry Big disappointment wit the KG

I was used to read on a HTC Flyer Tablet PC and since one week I am using a KG. The first impression was very positive, but know after some time I came to the conclusion that itīs quit a piece of partially crap.
The reading experience is absolutely amazing, but thatīs it.
The handling is a complete disaster.
Turning pages or interacting in any way on the screen is choppy, but also with that I could still live.
To read pdfs, FORGET IT.
My Note and Annotations donīt get saved (apparently a known issue.)
Images can not be zoomed, that means I have to use the tablet or the pc to see the Graphics, pictures and tables.
Copy and paste not possible.

Yes I can see that the KG is useful for just reading nice literature, but I read 99.9 % nonfiction for professional use and I need to be able to work with the text, structure the createt content and organize bookmarks annotations and notes and a bookmark labeled "Bookmark: 24% into chapter" that I can not change is completely stupid. I guess the developers donīt use what they produce.
It seems for me there needs to be a lot of work still done, by now itīs not ready for daily use.
What a pity.

Last edited by Elfuente; 12-05-2012 at 04:29 AM. Reason: spelling error
Elfuente is offline   Reply With Quote