View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
rastik
Connoisseur
rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard
Unhappy Kindle Touch bricked without USB

After successful recovery from a brick-state of my Kindle Touch I got into a bigger trouble. I was installing additional tools by ipkg and the process has frozen. I was still able to work within SSH but was unable to access /mnt/us - every access attempt froze. So I decided to do a hard reboot.
I ended up with a device that keeps restarting and even though I can see USB drive for a while I cannot access it. After every restart my Windows host find a USB mass storage device, but I get "The device is not ready." error. After a while it restarts again. It seems that /mnt/us is corrupted and I lost the only known way how to communicate with Kindle apart from serial cable.

Now I'm searching for information how to build a serial cable and where to find required parts. Thankfully my soldering iron still works.

Is there any way to do a factory reset without GUI? With older Kindle it was possible.

In the meantime I left it restarting all over and I hope fsck would kick in and things will work out.

I'll keep you posted regarging my progress.
rastik is offline   Reply With Quote