View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
savbeowulf
Enthusiast
savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
Thanks everyone! I went ahead and got one and so far, I love it! I'm using Moon + Pro, and also discovered the joys of Calibre Companion

Now it's time to sell my Nook HD (I really did love that device too, but don't need it now). And as an added bonus, I might actually answer my phone from here on in

Oh, and I love this thing for other purposes too. The stylus allows me to totally 'nerd out' (as my daughter calls it), and brings to mind my old Palm Pilot days.

I'm now able to read the NYT online anytime I want (no longer need to worry about waking my computer up so Calibre could download it for me).

Plus. my company is working on integrating our corporate mail with Android devices, so I might be able to get rid of my company iPhone too.

That means this one device has potentially replaced:

- two cell phones (business and personal)
- e-reader
- camera (for on vacation, etc.)
- pad of paper (for taking random notes -- I never got good at that on the iPhone)
- wi-fi card (if I decide to get the service from Verizon that allows me to use the Note II as a mobile hotspot)

And I got it at Best Buy for $100 less than it would have been direct from Verizon.

Overall, I am very happy and just hope I don't end up dropping it into a body of water or getting something nasty spilled on it since it goes everywhere with me now.

Thanks!
Hi I have had the Note 2 since the UK launch and I insure through protectyourbubble.com not sure if its available where you are but its good value for money with comprehensive insurance. I also have a zagg full body protector on it (I use zagg for all my devices!! If it's good enough for helicopter rotor blades it's good enough for a phone!!) I'm now looking forward to the next note at the end of the year!!
savbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote