Thread: Newbie issues
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #12
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheg View Post
I have RC10.
Any reason you have not moved onto one of the later releases?

Quote:
I have it set up as \\hercules\cache\@downloads\@books\calibre. Would it help to use a mapped drive?
I have no idea - it is just that past experience tells me they might produce different results.

Quote:
BTW, I've been doing more tests, moving files within the VM in which calibre is installed, but it crashes very often. Where can i check the logs?
I am running both the unRAID server and my Windows system natively (not in VM's) and cannot remember when I last had a crash. Having said that although a particular VM might go wrong I would not expect the system as a whole to crash. I have at times run Calibre (for Windows) under VMware Workstation at times as part of testing things and that has seemed to be stable enough. The unRAID syslog is normally RAM based so do not survive a reboot unless you have installed the Powerdown add-on to write it back to the USB drive when closing down.

I looked at using ESXi as a host for unRAID and it looks an attractive way to run it. I actually have my unRAID system set up so that I can boot into ESXi 5.1 as an option but am not running unRAID that way. I found that it appears the motherboard I have set up does not support 'pass-thru' of my SAS controllers under ESXi and I appear to need that to run unRAID easily under ESXi, particularly with disks larger than 2TB. I have been thinking of having another go at getting unRAID working under ESXi using RDM for the disks instead of PassThru as ESXi would be a very desirable way to run unRAID, but have just not found the time.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote