View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 12:09 PM   #24
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan View Post
Are you sure about that?
Then, how come that I get only 12 months warranty for my iLiad?
The European union recommends (and tries to force its members to "harmonize") laws. In my country we switched from standard 12 months warranty to 24 months to "harmonize" with an European union. It is 24 months only for consumer goods for final customers - real people. I have recently acquired a fancy Makita angle grinder. For me - a person - the warranty is automatically at least 24 months, but it the same product is purchased by a commercial entity - a company for example - for use as a manufacturing tool the warranty is automatically 12 months (or more, depending on the contract).

But even a 12 months warranty is much, much better than what an US citizen would get
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote