View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowie View Post
I read My Life in France the week it came out and enjoyed it thoroughly. If you like it, you may also like Devil in the kitchen by Marco Pierre White. For Bourdain fans this is a good book too.

Also, if you want to really laugh, but in a completely different way than with a Bourdain book try It Must Have been Something I Ate by Jeffrey Steingarten.

Phenomshel,
I've never read a mystery that has food and recipies in it. Any suggestions?
Uh oh, you got me started *grin*. Well, first off, anything by the three authors I mentioned in the previous post.

There's a ton of "food" mysteries out there. Miranda Bliss has the Dying for Dinner series, Lou Jane Temple's Heaven Lee series is all about food in the Kansas City area (and beyond), Tamar Myers' Pennsylvania Dutch series has recipes....Joanne Pence's Angie Amalfi series, JoAnna Carl has chocolate mysteries, Sammi Carter has candy shop mysteries...and on and on and on. Do a search for "food mysteries" on Google and you get a couple of Amazon lists that are helpful.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote