View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchjectory View Post
i really want to be able to sftp into my paperwhite via wifi, so that i can both usb mass storage and access the filesystem as the same time.

a few problems:

1) no password on 5.3 up.

2) i don't know how to set auth keys on/for/with os x.

3) will transmit then work after that?

4) as see by my shenanigans, i'm not entirely clear on
Code:
USE_WIFI
(although i think i am, now)

and

Code:
USE_WIFI_SSHD_ONLY
can anyone steer me in the right direction?
1) There is, but the usbnetwork hack does not require it when connecting through usb. You can manually set the password using the passwd command, just like on any other Linux system.

2) Read the README_FIRST.txt of the usbnetwork package. There is a reason why it was named README_FIRST.txt.
Quote:
* Now would be a good time to setup your public key if you intend to auth over SSH via shared keys.
Which you should, because it's awesome .
The pubkeys are stored, in OpenSSH format, in usbnet/etc/authorized_keys (ie. you can safely use
a ~/.ssh/authorized_keys2 file from OpenSSH).
Also, it's the preferred method of auth when using SSH over WiFi, because it's way more elegant
than switching (or remembering) the root password (Because you *WILL* need to auth properly over WiFi).
If you need further instructions, ask your favorite search engine about "HOWTO SSH shared keys" or similar. You will find tons of tutorials. Here's a link just for you.

3) yes.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote