View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #15
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Apple spent a great deal of time and money getting those animations to look just right. They deserve to be protected from having all that investment and corporate knowledge ripped-off.
Anything that keeps other companies products from looking or acting *anything* like Apple products is a great thing.
Careful what you wish for. Didn't Apple seek a patent on the shape of a rectangle with rounded corners for mobile phones? That shape is very common in the marketplace, and with good reason: it's a comfortable, efficient design. I don't agree with a patent like that either. It's far too general in what is covered.

I disagree with the page turn patent because I'm fairly sure that page turn implementations existed before iBooks. Didn't Stanza predate Apple's software? Didn't something else come before either of those?

It is evident that you don't like Apple products. That's fine. Diversity is good. And despite my name, there's a lot I don't like about Apple.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote