Thread: HD Should I upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #58
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl View Post
Hello, can you tell me how you upgraded to Kindle HD ? From what I am reading on your thread, you didn't buy the new Kindle Fire....you simply did an upgrade. I know I am not even close to being as computer literate as yourself, so any info you can give me on how to do this would really be appreciated !!
Curious as to why you want to upgrade. Have you sideloaded apps available from other resources other than Amazon? Do you have an alternate launcher which gives a more android phone look mostly eliminating the carousel?

There's more obviously without rooting the device but maybe those "UPGRADES" would be enough.

For me it was definitely the screen and audio. Coupled with the fact of the trade in to BB which is within walking distance and their liberal return policy if one cares not to keep what they purchase, it truly was a no brainer!

It took all of a few days for developers to hack the KFHD by the way and I found I didn't need to "root" and still be happy with what I learned that could be done besides. And many still are quite happy with the original Fire.

Last edited by robertc88; 10-24-2012 at 04:37 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote