View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #208
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: in use kindle oasis 2nd and 3rd gen, kobo forma, boox poke5
kindle management of multiple authors

calibre manages multiple authors by separating with "&". kindle manages multiple authors by separating with ";". So when I send calibre files with multiple authors to my kindle, the authors don't sort correctly.

Is there a composite column recipe that would enable me to replace "&" with ";" and then use that column as my author_sort for the kindle? By creating a separate column just for kindle, I would then leave the default author & author sort columns unaltered.

Or is the "&" in the multiple authors just not replaceable due to the inner workings of calibre?

If someone already knows of a fix or can refer me to a better forum for advice, please direct me there. Thanks for any help!
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote